The Federation of Master Builders

Unoccupied Buildings Insurance


Whether you’re awaiting the sale of your property, undergoing renovations or if you’re just leaving your home unoccupied for longer than the standard period that your home insurance may cover you for – FMB Insurance’s Unoccupied Buildings Insurance is a great way to ensure you’re protected.  

Whilst you’re away from home, our comprehensive policy gives you the peace of mind that your buildings and contents are covered for loss or damage should anything go wrong. The policy covers a range of time frames, including three, six or nine months, and protects you in the event of the following:   

  • Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake 
  • Damage by fall of aircraft 
  • Storm, tempest or flood 
  • Water leakage from fixed water tanks, equipment or pipes 
  • Theft or attempted theft 
  • Impact by vehicle or animal 
  • Riots, strikes, civil commotion and malicious damage 
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave 
  • Falling or collapse of radio and television aerials (buildings only) 
  • Falling trees 

Keep in touch with FMB Insurance

For regular updates from FMB Insurance, sign-up here with your email address.