The Federation of Master Builders

Other Insurance Products

FMB Insurance can also provide a wide range of other insurance products. Our close relationship with our insurers means that our range of cover is non-exhaustive. If there’s something you’re looking for, we will try our very best to assist and find the right cover for you.

Here you can find a snapshot of the other insurance products we are able to offer.

Business Interruption

Should your business have to temporarily close due to something out of your control, Business Interruption Insurance will cover the loss of income suffered as a result of the interruption, such as; material damage, covering loss of revenue, rental income and additional staff and running costs. The policy is designed to keep you in the same financial position that you would have been in prior to the event and ensures your business keeps running smoothly. For example, should you have to move to a temporary site whilst repair work is taking place to your existing property, your policy can extend to cover the expenses of moving to and working from a temporary location. For further information on this policy, click here.

Breakdown Recovery Insurance

Breakdowns happen and when they do its vital for your business that you get back on the road as quickly as possible. With breakdown recovery insurance, you can arrange cover for roadside assistance, recovery, home start, passenger relay and even European assistance in the event of you breaking down on the continent. Individual breakdown insurance currently costs around £65 per vehicle, though this can be cheaper when purchased with single van and fleet insurance.

Commercial & Residential property

Commercial (SME) and Residential Property Insurance covers you for loss and damage to buildings and contents as well as damage to stock, shortfall in income, loss of rent and fixtures and fittings. Portfolios can include commercial, residential and unoccupied buildings, or a mix. 

Office & Contents (inc Warehouse & Industrial Units)

If someone broke into your premises, or there was a fire or burst water pipe for example, the cost to replace or repair damaged items could be significant. To give yourself peace of mind for any eventuality, it is always a good idea to take out Office & Contents Insurance. Whatever you deem important within your premises can be covered under an All Risk policy, as long as the items are listed in your business contents sum insured. Anything that can be physically moved can be covered. The damage or loss to data or documents is also an aspect that can be added to a policy and cover includes the cost of replacing and re-instating these in the event something happens. For further information on this policy, click here.

Commercial Legal Expenses (inc Contract Disputes)

If a legal dispute was brought against your business, the result can be extremely costly and time-consuming. Commercial Legal Expenses cover helps protect your business. The policy is designed to meet the needs of SME’s, providing cover for legal costs that may arise from a claim or dispute that your business is involved in. Cover starts from £145.20 per year and insures for personal injury, debt recovery, data protection and contract disputes amongst many others. For further information on this policy, click here.

Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance

As a director of a limited company you will be making lots of important decisions. And although your company is limited, you will still have liability for your corporate actions and that’s where directors’ and officers’ insurance comes in. Directors’ and officers’ insurance (D&O insurance) helps protect you from claims against directors that arise from disgruntled customers, official investigations, investors or shareholders. Directors’ and officers’ insurance will pay your legal costs and damages (subject to policy terms and conditions) to give complete peace of mind.

Can't find what you're looking for?

If you're looking for an insurance policy that isn't featured here, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.

Keep in touch with FMB Insurance

For regular updates from FMB Insurance, sign-up here with your email address.