JOB TITLE: Sales Executive
REPORTING TO: Sales and Business Development Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To generate business (sell) for the range of FMB insurance products
- Generate business using a variety of methods (including but not limited to telesales, the web and attending trade fairs etc)
- Invite policy renewals for Contractor’s Liability Insurance and work with the Sales and Business Development Manager to ensure consistently high renewal/retention rates through maintenance of good client relationships.
- Ensure that targets are being reached and assist with the identification of new business opportunities.
- Processing of insurance policies and relevant banking requirements ensuring compliance with FCA and Lloyd’s requirements.
- Maintain contact with new clients to ensure continued loyalty and repeat business.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all other products available in order to cross sell.
- Maintain accurate records of information sent, contacts made, quotations provided, enquiries received etc.
- To safeguard members and others personal data, in accordance with all relevant Data Protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in force from May 2018. To participate in all training and guidance offered by FMB on GDPR, and to keep this knowledge up to date.
- Provide office cover as required, responding to general enquiries whether made by telephone, email or letter.
- Cover for the absence of the Sales Executives, by providing cover for critical activities.
- Undertake any other duties which reasonably fall within the remit of the role.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. Your manager will, in discussion with you, review the job description from time to time. It is the FMB’s intention to work with you to update and incorporate changes to your job description as required. However, if agreement cannot be reached, the FMB reserves the right to impose changes.
Good standard of English (to GCSE or equivalent)
Computer literacy (competent use of email, Word for routine and semi-routine letters; excel for producing standard reports; data entry)
Understands FCA compliance requirements and limitations of the role
Able to develop a good understanding of the range of insurance products offered by FMB Insurance
Proven experience of administration within a sales environment
Experience of working within a small organisation
Skills and aptitudes
Excellent attention to detail
Good customer service skills, able to deal with callers and claimants in a polite and efficient manner
Skilled at recognising work priorities and organising own time
Able to work within a small team
Self sufficient whilst recognising when to refer matters
Satisfies any requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority
Experience of sales administration within insurance
Knowledge of the construction sector
Experience of working with SMEs
Experience of having worked within an MGA
Deadline for applications: 23rd September 2020
Applications to be submitted to [email protected]